The Accessibility category contains information to help designers, developers and Web site owners understand, learn, and create sites that are as accessible as possible to those with disabilities, text browsers, assistive technologies, and more. Also included are resources for the Section 508 U.S. government guidelines for accessibility, tools, and more. You'll find helpful articles and tutorials on Web accessibility, software, tools, book recommendations and more. There are both accessible design considerations and markup, code considerations for accessibility, which are all covered within this category.
Do you know of some good articles, tutorials, tips, Web sites, books, or other resources related to Web site accessibility? Recommendations are welcome and encouraged!
Within this category:
- Section 1: W3C and Accessibility - Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), Techniques, Tutorials (1 page)
- Section 2: Accessibility Articles, Tutorials, Resources, and Books (1 page)
- Section 3: Section 508 and the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) - Regulations, Guidelines, Articles, and Tutorials (1 page)
- Section 4: Accessibility Tools - Reference Charts, Evaluation, Repair, and Transformation Tools, and More (1 page)
- Section 5: Discussion Lists, Online Forums on Accessibility (1 page)