Business Books and Business Software for Web Design, Graphic Design, Freelancing, Small Business
Books on Planning, Running a Web Design Business, Graphic Design Business, Freelancing, Small Business;
Success, Motivation, Productivity Books;
Financial Software and Books for Small Business
Within the Recommended Books and Software on the Web Site Design Business section you'll find books on planning, running a Web design business, and time-tracking, financial, accounting software programs and books for small business.
Each listing is hand chosen with thought and care to help WebsiteTips.com visitors in their searches for helpful Web site-related books, software, and other products.
Do you have suggestions or recommendations? Do you have a favorite book or training video, favorite software, or several favorites related to Web site design and development, graphic design, graphics, Web site ownership, running a Web design business, or related topics? What are your thoughts about books and software already listed here? Please let us know!
On this page:
- Books on Planning, Running a Web Design Business
- Books on Personal, Professional, and Business Success, Motivation, Productivity
- Financial Software and Books for Small Business
- Note About This Listing
Also within Recommended Books, Software:
- Recommended Books, Software Home (12 pages total)
- New, Recently Added Books, Software (1 page)
- Most Popular Books, Software (1 page)
- Web Site Planning, Management Books (1 page)
- Web Site Design, Graphic Design Books, Training Videos, Graphics Software (3 pages)
- Markup, Code for Web Sites Books, Software (1 page)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Marketing (SEM) Books (1 page)
- Web Site User Science Books (Accessibility, Information Architecture, Usability) (1 page)
- Web Site Content, Writing for the Web Books (1 page)
Books on Planning, Running a Web Design / Development Business, Graphic Design Business, Freelancing, Small Business
Do you have any recommendations, or do you have thoughts about books already included on this list? Please let us know!
- The Web Design Business Kit 2.0
by Brendon Sinclair. Fantastic 2-binder + CD-ROM kit. Published by SitePoint Books (August, 2007). Highly recommended. This Kit contains an enormous wealth of information within its generous two binders and CD-ROM. As the publisher states, the first binder “contains 509 8.5"x11" letter-size pages divided into 5 major sections, each designed to walk you through Brendon's approach towards being successful in business.” That's not just marketing hype, either.
Regarding the 1st edition that I own, I was continually amazed the more I delved into it and looked up something. The 2nd edition released August 2007, The Web Design Business Kit 2.0, is not only updated, it's also expanded with additional advice and ideas, and includes several new chapters and new documents.
Everything contained within The Web Design Business Kit 2.0 is practical, real-world information, with terrific insight, tips, and ready-to-use documents that Brendon himself uses in running his successful Web design business. Although it's especially helpful for those just starting out, even if you've been in business awhile you can still pick up plenty of helpful information from this fabulous publication.
The first binder, The Manual, has 5 main sections with over 500 pages of incredibly helpful content packed with insight, tips, and information that will take you through planning, starting, running, and expanding your business:
- First Steps In Freelancing
- Establish Your Business
- Run Your Business
- Expand Your Business
- Look To The Future
The second binder, Documents, contains 73 “ready-to-use business documents” (over 182 pages), along with a CD-ROM with them for you to use and customize for your needs. The main sections:
- Business Planning and Financial Documents
- Promotional Tools
- Client Contact Documents
- Employment Documents
- Office Documents
The CD-ROM has the same organization as the Documents binder, so it's easy to follow along with the information in the Documents binder, too. All of the documents on the CD-ROM are included on the CD-ROM in .doc format (Microsoft Word), along with some .xls (Microsoft Excel) spreadsheet documents.
Is it worth the cost? As I've told colleagues, in my opinion it's more than worth its weight in gold for those getting started with their own Web design businesses. It's also quite helpful for anyone who has a Web design business or for employees. I'm glad that Brendon Sinclair put together this valuably helpful Web Design Business Kit. I haven't seen anything else that covers so much and provides so much all in one package.
You can visit SitePoint Books to read more details about The Web Design Business Kit 2.0 and download several chapters to see what you think for yourself before purchasing it. In addition, there are reviews and comments around the Web about it, too:
- [thelist] “The Web Design Business Kit”
Discussion list thread about the pros and cons, via Evolt.org's thelist discussion list, week of July 19, 2004. You'll find positive, negative comments about it here.
- “The Web Design Business Kit” - Book Review
Review by czupryna for SiteCritique. This review is based on the downloadable chapters from SitePoint's Web site and not the complete Kit, but it still gives good information here.
- The Web Design Business Kit, Brendon Sinclair
Weblog / blog post and review dated October 21, 2004, by Creative Arc, Inc. Good information here, too.
Also Recommended by WebsiteTips.com on Web Design Business, Graphic Design Business, Freelancing, Small Business
For helpful Web Site Resources on Web design business, graphic design business, freelancing, small business, ergonomic office equipment, furniture, and office ergonomics, see Web Resources Web Design Business here at WebsiteTips.com.
Books on Personal, Professional, and Business Success, Motivation, Productivity
Web Resources Web Design Business here at WebsiteTips.com is filled with annotated links resources on the business aspects of Web design and development, graphic design, freelancing, running a small business, and ergonomic office equipment, furniture, and office ergonomics.
Financial Software and Books for Small Business
Books on Business Finances, Money Management
Financial Software for Small Business, Small Business Accounting Software
See also Web Resources Web Design Business Finances, Money here at WebsiteTips.com.
Note About This Listing
- WebsiteTips.com's editor and owner personally owns many of the books, software, and products listed at this site, and all books, software, and products listed have received glowing reviews by recognized experts.
- Each listing is hand chosen with thought and care to sincerely help WebsiteTips.com visitors in their searches for genuinely helpful books, software, and products on Web site topics.
- You'll find a variety of writing styles, approaches, and skill levels within the listings. Each person learns differently, has different needs, skill levels, and preferences, so recommendations are made with those things in mind, too.
Amazon.com: The main link for most of the listings on this page will take you to its corresponding amazon.com information and reviews. WebsiteTips.com will earn a few pennies per book, software, or product if you choose to make a purchase through any of these amazon.com links. We appreciate your support to help keep WebsiteTips.com going!
Do you have suggestions or recommendations? Do you have a favorite book, software, or several favorites related to Web site design, Web site ownership, running a Web design business, or related topics? What are your thoughts about books, software, and products already listed here? Please let us know!