Books on Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
Within the Recommended Books on Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) section you'll find a small collection of books, including writing great copy to help search engines.
Each listing is hand chosen with thought and care to help WebsiteTips.com visitors in their searches for helpful Web site-related books, software, and other products.
Do you have suggestions or recommendations? Do you have a favorite book or training video, favorite software, or several favorites related to Web site design and development, graphic design, graphics, Web site ownership, running a Web design business, or related topics? What are your thoughts about books and software already listed here? Please let us know!
On this page:
Also within Recommended Books, Software:
- Recommended Books, Software Home (12 pages total)
- New, Recently Added Books, Software (1 page)
- Most Popular Books, Software (1 page)
- Web Site Planning, Management Books (1 page)
- Web Site Design, Graphic Design Books, Training Videos, Graphics Software (3 pages)
- Markup, Code for Web Sites Books, Software (1 page)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Marketing (SEM) Books (1 page)
- Web Site User Science Books (Accessibility, Information Architecture, Usability) (1 page)
- Web Site Design Business Books, Software (1 page)
- Web Site Content, Writing for the Web Books (1 page)
- Deliver First Class Web Sites: 101 Essential Checklists
By Shirley Kaiser. Published by SitePoint Books, July 2006. In addition, all those who purchase the book have special access to downloadable, printable checklists to use for all your projects. More information: Companion Site for Deliver First Class Web Sites: 101 Essential Checklists, author's Web site: SKDesigns.
- The Search Engine Marketing Kit, 2nd Edition
by Dan Thies, Dave Davies. Published by SitePoint, September, 2007. Dan's and Dave's fantastic “Kit” includes a binder packed with nine chapters of helpful information plus a CD-ROM with even more to help you learn all the details about SEO, SEM, and even running your own SEO, SEM business if you wish. This kit covers a background on search engines, the basics of search engine optimization, advanced SEO and search engine-friendly design, pay-per-click and paid inclusion, link building, running a search engine marketing business, interviews with top SEO experts, case studies, helpful SEO tools, and resources. The CD-ROM includes a sample SEM proposal, client assessment form, keyword analysis, directory planning worksheet, sample SEO presentation, process flowchart, sample SEM services agreement, site review checklist. Geared for freelance Web developers and Web development firms, Web site owners and managers. Via SitePoint's site, you can learn more about The Search Engine Marketing Kit, download sample chapters (a separate window will open), and place orders. See also the authors' Web sites, SEO Research Labs (Dan Thies), and Beanstalk Search Engine Positioning, Inc (Dave Davies).
- Successful Search Engine Copywriting
by Heather Lloyd-Martin. Heather is a top-notch copywriter who's an expert at writing for search engines to help achieve top rankings. I've worked with Heather on Web site projects first hand and know how incredibly gifted she is, so I know her book is worth every penny and then some. Heather states that this book provides “straightforward, how-to SEO copywriting information your small business, marketing team or copywriter needs for search engine success. A complete SEO copywriting reference book, you'll read case studies, see interviews with leading seo experts and discover leading-edge information to help you truly master the SEO copywriting space.” Chris Sherman, SEO expert writes, “Successful Search Engine Copywriting is an excellent book. It's packed with solid, reliable information and techniques that can help improve the visibility of any site in search results...The book should be on the must-read list for anyone wanting to hone their search engine optimization skills.” Purchase Successful Search Engine Copywriting through her Web site.
- Winning Results with Google AdWords
by Andrew Goodman. Published by McGraw-Hill Osborne Media, July 22, 2005. Google AdWords expert and one of the foremost authorities, Andrew Goodman, shares tips, tricks, and strategies he's learned working with clients on their Google AdWords campaigns. This book has received top recommendations and reviews, including a great review of Winning Results with Google AdWords by Chris Sherman, Search Engine Watch. Highly recommended.
More Books on SEO, SEM:
Note About This Listing
- WebsiteTips.com's editor and owner personally owns many of the books, software, and products listed at this site, and all books, software, and products listed have received glowing reviews by recognized experts.
- Each listing is hand chosen with thought and care to sincerely help WebsiteTips.com visitors in their searches for genuinely helpful books, software, and products on Web site topics.
- You'll find a variety of writing styles, approaches, and skill levels within the listings. Each person learns differently, has different needs, skill levels, and preferences, so recommendations are made with those things in mind, too.
Amazon.com: The main link for most of the listings on this page will take you to its corresponding amazon.com information and reviews. WebsiteTips.com will earn a few pennies per book, software, or product if you choose to make a purchase through any of these amazon.com links. We appreciate your support to help keep WebsiteTips.com going!
Do you have suggestions or recommendations? Do you have a favorite book, software, or several favorites related to Web site design, Web site ownership, running a Web design business, or related topics? What are your thoughts about books, software, and products already listed here? Please let us know!