Foreign Language Fonts, Non-English Language Fonts
The Foreign Lanuage Fonts, Non-English Language Fonts section below includes annotated links to Web sites with free fonts, shareware fonts, font foundries, and more for foreign language, non-English language fonts.
On this page:
- Foreign Language Fonts, Non-English Language Fonts
Also within Fonts:
- Fonts Home
- Freeware, Shareware Font Sites (2 pages)
- Font Foundries (2 pages)
- Pixel Fonts, Screen Fonts (1 page)
- Fonts for Education, Teaching, Learning (1 page)
- Euro Symbol Fonts and Information (1 page)
- Music Fonts: Music Notation Fonts, Music Dingbats, Band Fonts (1 page)
- Font, Typography Tools, Software, Utilities (1 page)
- Newsgroups About Fonts (1 page)
- About the Fonts Section Listings
Although these fonts sites are listed throughout these fonts pages, I've compiled them here for convenience. They include freeware, shareware, font foundries, more.
- Electronic Font Foundry (EFF)
Numerous foreign languages represented for both PCs and Macs. Over 1300 fonts in 60+ languages for PCs, and over 1200 fonts in 50+ languages for Macs.
- Fonts by Language
Luc Devroye's annotated listing of sites for foreign language fonts, categorized by language. Excellent resource. Note December 2005: many links are outdated or dead, but many more are still alive and well. Still helpful.
- Freeware Cherokee Fonts
Historically accurate Cherokee font, with pronunciation guide, more. Fascinating.
- Tommy Escondido's Alien Fonts Site
"Languages and scripts/fonts of alien species across several large TV and movie series such as Star Trek, Babylon 5, Star Wars, and other SF series and movies. We have only done those not already done elsewhere."
- TypeNow.net Foreign Language Free Fonts
Albanian, several American Indian (Native American), Arabic, Armenian, Burmese, and dozens of other languages. All free. Provided by TypeNow.net.
- Yahoo! Search for Language Fonts
Good listing here of links from the Yahoo! directory.
- Yamada Language Center Font Archive
Large archive with over 40 languages, information about many languages that do not require special language fonts (English fonts will work), FAQs, character codes for Windows, links to more resources.