Adobe Photoshop Software Product Information, Documentation, Technotes, and Photoshop Software Reviews
Within the Adobe Photoshop Reviews and Software Product Information, Documentation, Technotes page below You'll find Photoshop CS3 reviews, official Adobe Photoshop product information and help, including Photoshop CS3 Standard, Photoshop CS3 Extended, Photoshop Elements, Photoshop Lightroom, and other Photoshop family software products, along with other Photoshop reviews.
Do you know of helpful Photoshop articles, tutorials, books, plugins, actions, filters, brushes, patterns, textures, or resources related to Photoshop, Web graphics, photography, or graphics software programs? Recommendations are welcome and appreciated!
On this page:
- Adobe Photoshop Product Information, Help
- Reviews of Adobe Photoshop
Also within Adobe Photoshop Tutorials, Articles, Resources, Books, Software (8 pages):
- Adobe Photoshop Tutorials, Books, and Software
- Adobe Photoshop for Photos, Photography: Articles, Tutorials, Books, and Software
- Adobe Photoshop Actions
- Adobe Photoshop Brushes
- Adobe Photoshop Patterns
- Adobe Photoshop Plugins, Filters
- Adobe Photoshop Discussion Lists, Forums, Sites, Blogs, Resources
Also within Graphics Software, Tutorials (24 pages):
- Adobe Fireworks Tutorials, Articles, Extensions, Discussion Lists, Resources, Books
- Adobe Flash Tutorials, Articles, Resources, Discussion Lists, Books, Software
- Adobe Illustrator Tutorials, Articles, Brushes, Symbols, Discussion Lists, Resources, Books, Software (7 pages)
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Tutorials, Product Information, Sites, Blogs, Resources, Books, and Software
- CorelDRAW Tutorials, Articles, Resources, Books
- Corel Paint Shop Pro Tutorials, Articles, Resources, Books
- Swish, Other Animation / Multimedia Graphics Software Tutorials, Resources
- Icon Creation and Editing Software and Plugins, and Related Tutorials
- Freehand, Other Graphics Software, and Related Tutorials, Articles, Resources
In addition to Adobe's official product information, documentation, and tutorials listed here, see also Reviews of Adobe Photoshop below for more Photoshop details and product information and Online Forums for links to Adobe's Photoshop-related online forums.
Adobe Photoshop Main Product Information, Documentation, Technotes
- Adobe Photoshop
Main homepage at Adobe's site for information about Photoshop, purchase and download Photoshop, patches, find tutorials, resources, more. Adobe Photoshop is the longtime industry standard and favorite graphics software program. Learn more at Adobe about Photoshop, download patches, find tutorials, resources, more. Powerful, highly regarded, longtime favorite graphics software program. Especially suited for professional photographers, serious amateur photographers, graphic designers, Web designers, film, video, and multimedia professionals, graphic and web designers using 3d and motion, manufacturing professionals, medical professionals, architects and engineers (AEC), scientific researchers, and more. Editor note: Photoshop has been my graphics software of choice for over 11 years for creating, optimizing graphics and photos for this site, my Web design work, photo optimization, retouching, restoring, and much more. Exceptional software. For Windows and Macintosh. [adobe.com]
- Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw
Product information on the Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw plugin for Adobe Photoshop. For Windows and Macintosh. [adobe.com]
- Adobe Photoshop Documentation
Download product manuals, release notes, and tutorials from the Adobe Photoshop Documentation area. For Windows and Mac. [adobe.com]
- Adobe Photoshop Design Center
Feature articles and videos, Photoshop tutorials by top experts, and links to Photoshop blogs and podcasts, related resources, and more. A great place to find top-notch information, direct from Adobe's website. [adobe.com]
- Adobe Photoshop Support
Official support documentation and technotes for Photoshop. Sections include Top Issues, Recent Documents, Installation Help, and you can also search the Knowledge Base. [adobe.com]
- Technote: Adobe ImageReady CS2 feature location guide for Photoshop CS3
From the Technote: “Adobe ImageReady has been discontinued. Most of its core features have been included in Adobe Photoshop CS3. This document is provided as a guide to help users locate ImageReady CS2 features that have been included in Photoshop CS3. In cases where a feature is not available in Photoshop CS3, the location of equivalent features in Adobe Fireworks CS3 is listed.” This technote states it's for Mac platforms but the technote shows information for both Mac and Windows. [Article/tutorial dated 04/15/2007, by Adobe Support, adobe.com.]
- Technote: Optimize performance of Photoshop CS3 on Mac OS
Lots of helpful information and tips on how to get the best performance of Photoshop for Mac OS. Topics include Adobe Photoshop options and plug-ins, image files, operating system software,hardware, resources. [Article/tutorial dated 04/15/2007, by Adobe Support, adobe.com.]
- Technote: Optimize performance of Photoshop CS3 on Windows XP and Vista
Lots of helpful information and tips on how to get the best performance of Photoshop with Windows XP and Vista. Topics include Adobe Photoshop options and plug-ins, image files, operating system software,hardware, resources. [Article/tutorial dated 04/15/2007, by Adobe Support, adobe.com.]
Adobe Photoshop Extended, Standard Software Product Information
Beginning with Creative Suite 3 (CS3), Photoshop now comes in two versions - Standard and Extended. You'll find product information for each below, along with links to comparison charts to help you determine which is best for your needs.
Note that Photoshop CS4 Extended and Standard are available as standalone products and are also included with several bundled editions. See Adobe Creative Suite 4 Matrix: What's in Each Edition? and Adobe Creative Suite 3 Matrix: What's in Each Edition? here at WebsiteTips.com.
- Adobe Photoshop Extended
Photoshop CS4 Extended has all the features of Photoshop CS4 Standard and additional features, such as 3D compositing and texture editing, Movie Paint, 2D and 3D measurement tools, enhanced Vanishing Point with 3D support, enhanced 32-bit HDR support, and more. It's especially geared for Web and graphic designers, amateur and professional photographers, 3D and motion designers, architects and engineers, medical professionals, education, scientific researchers, manufacturing professionals, and more. Learn more about Photoshop CS4 Extended at this official Adobe Photoshop Extended product information section. Also check out Compare Photoshop CS4 versions to help you determine which version is best for you. Note that Photoshop CS4 Extended is also included with several bundled editions. See Adobe Creative Suite 4 Matrix: What's in Each Edition? here at WebsiteTips.com. For Windows and Mac. [adobe.com]
- Adobe Photoshop Standard
Photoshop CS4 is packed with features and is especially geared for Web and graphic designers, photographers, and education. Be sure to check out Compare Photoshop CS4 versions to help you determine which version is best for you. Learn more about Photoshop CS4 Standard at this official Adobe Photoshop Standard product information section. For Windows and Mac. [adobe.com]
- Compare Photoshop CS34 versions
Check out this helpful chart at Adobe's site - “New and enhanced features compared” to help you determine which Photoshop CS4 version is best suited for your needs. [adobe.com]
Adobe Photoshop Elements Software Product Information
- Adobe Photoshop Elements
This more simple version of Photoshop is ideal for casual photographers. From Adobe:
Adobe® Photoshop® Elements 6 software combines power and simplicity so you can make your photos look their best, share them in imaginative ways, and easily find and view all your photos and video clips.For Windows and Mac. [adobe.com]
- Idea Gallery
Via this section at Adobe for Adobe Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements, you'll find information, tutorials, and more on how to edit and enhance your photos, make custom print creations, show photos in fun slide shows, bring home videos to life, and combine photos and videos. [adobe.com]
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Software Product Information
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
Streamline importing, exporting of files, convert images to DNG (Digital Negative) if desired, organize and compare photos, easy file renaming, single or group metadata stamping, IPTC/EXIF/XMP metadata support (and others), easy-to-use white balance, exposure, and contrast controls, simple yet powerful tone curve editor, smooth integration with Photoshop, advanced hue, saturation, and luminance editing, non-destructive editing, before/after comparisons, red-eye removal, and more. Easy to output photos for printing, the Web, slide shows, include signature stamps, and much more.
For Windows and Mac. [adobe.com]
How does Photoshop Lightroom differ from Adobe Photoshop CS3?
Adobe Photoshop CS3 software is the industry standard in digital image editing. Photoshop holds an important place in the pro photographer's toolbox, for detailed pixel-level editing and compositing, but photographers face a variety of workflow concerns beyond image editing. Lightroom addresses these needs in a photographer-centric way. Each module in Lightroom is dedicated to an essential photographic task—the Library for importing and managing photos; the Develop module for processing even hundreds of photographs at a time; the Slideshow, Web and Print modules to easily present photos on your screen, online, or in print. Lightroom also goes further in allowing you to manage raw files even if they are offline, with automatic importing from the folder on your computer used for tethered shooting.
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom FAQ
At least 15 questions and answers about Photoshop Lightroom. Helpful information to read online or via downloadable PDF. [adobe.com]
- Adobe Lightroom Resources
Adobe's main index for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom help and support. Links to: Lightroom LiveDocs, their online documentation for Lightroom, a downloadable PDF version of Lightroom LiveDocs, published hard copies of documentation, support, product updates, forums, and more. [adobe.com]
- Photoshop Lightroom Design Center
Via Adobe's site, you'll find a Lightroom Getting Started guide, many Photoshop Lightroom articles and tutorials, links to Lightroom forums, blogs, resources, and more. [adobe.com]
What's in each CS4 bundled edition? See Adobe Creative Suite 4 Matrix: What's in Each Edition? here at WebsiteTips.com.
Order/upgrade to the latest Adobe Photoshop CS4 today!
See more of our Photoshop Books and Software Recommendations!
Wondering whether or not to upgrade to the latest version? Wondering which version of Photoshop might be best for your particular needs? Wondering whether or not to buy Photoshop? Curious about what the experts are writing about the new Photoshop CS3? Below are some well done reviews by top-notch experts who go into detail about the new features, improvements, and the pros and cons.
Reviews of Adobe Photoshop CS3
- Adobe Photoshop CS3
An extensive, multi-page review of CS3 with screenshots and QuickTime demos (the Quicktime demos/examples are quite helpful!).
- The first page covers the loss of ImageReady, what features of ImageReady are still available in Photoshop, and the need for Fireworks for animated GIF images now.
- Page two covers PS CS3 interface changes, including the new palette and docking scheme.
- Page three covers PS CS3 additions to tools, adjustments and filters, including the Quick Selection Tool, Refine Edge, new Curves dialog, black and white conversion.
- Page four covers more PS CS3 adjustments, including brightness and contrast, Photomerge, Auto-Layer Blending and Alignment, Auto-align and auto-blend layers, the Clone tool revisited, and the Clone Source palette.
- Page five covers PS CS3 improvements to filters, including Smart filters, compatibility with older versions, Camera RAW 4, Vanishing Point, Extended-only Vanishing Point features.
- Page six covers features unique to Photoshop CS3 Extended, including Advanced HDR image editing, 3D layers and texture editing, Texture editing in CS3 Extended, and 3D layer quirks.
- Page seven covers more PS CS3 Extended goodies, including the new Analysis features - DICOM image and Matlab support, Measure and Count tools, Image stacks. Also covered are the new animation and video layers (“a more pixel-pusher friendly melding of ImageReady animation with a basic After Effects”).
- Page eight covers PS CS3 speed, stability, and benchmarking.
- Page nine provides a PS CS3 review conclusion with a review summation and bullet points of pros and cons.
- First Look: Photoshop CS3 Extended - Graphics tool gets 3D, enhanced video features
As the subtitle suggests, David Nagel's review goes into detail about the new 3D and enhanced video features of Photoshop CS3 Extended while also touching on other new features, tools, and improvements. All along the way, you'll find plenty of helpful screenshots and examples.
- David Nagel first covers the features unique to Photoshop CS3 Extended, including CS3's new 3D graphics support, importing 3D objects, manipulating 3D textures, and a helpful Q&A about CS3's 3D capabilities.
- Next he covers the new video features in PSCS3 Extended, including the new ability to “open any supported video type simply by using File > Open”, the improved animation timeline feature, the new ability to “keyframe Photoshop layer styles, such as Bevel and Emboss, Drop Shadow, Pattern Overlay, etc.,” export video to a number of formats, the new video layers support, the ability to use all of Photoshop's native tools with video editing, and much more.
- Nagel also briefly touches on new features for the medical, manufacturing, and engineering fields.
- Then Nagel briefly discusses some of the new features common to CS3 Extended and CS3 Standard, including improved performance, non-destructive filters and improvements to the Vanishing Point filter. He mentions new tools such as Black and white conversion, Improvements to Curves adjustments, Adjustable cloning with a preview overlay, Adjustable healing with a preview overlay, the Quick Selection Tool, Refine Edge, the new automatic layer alignment and blending, Enhanced 'Merge to 32-bit HDR', and Photomerge with 'advanced' alignment and blending.
- Lastly he briefly discusses the CS3 interface changes.
- Review: Adobe Photoshop CS3
“There are high-school seniors who have never lived in a world without Photoshop. Does this venerable application still have room for improvement?” Extensive review of Photoshop CS3 with lots of screenshots. Headings/topics:
- Peppier Performance,
- Interface Changes,
- Tonal Corrections,
- Black and White,
- Selecting and Filtering,
- Smarter Smart Objects,
- Smart Filters,
- Editing and Compositing,
- Improved 32-bit Support,
- Output, Camera Raw 4,
- The Last Word (summation).
- Photoshop CS3: Sprawling upgrade offers new features and goes Intel-native
A shorter, more concise review than others listed here. Covers:
- Interface hits and misses - the new palette and docking scheme;
- Better images - the new Black & White dialog box, Curves dialog box, Camera Raw 4;
- Smarter filters - new features that enable you to alter images without changing their original pixel data;
- Selecting and retouching - the new Quick Selection tool, the Refine Edge tool that replaces the Feather tool, and the new Clone Source panel;
- a well-written summation;
- Macworld's buying advice.
Video Demos, Video Tutorials on Adobe Photoshop CS3's New or Improved Features
- Photoshop CS3 New Features
As of May, 2007, two free Quicktime videos are available by Deke McClelland: Photoshop's First Public Beta, and The new interface. Great source to check out the new interface and new and improved features of Photoshop CS3. Plenty more available for premium subscribers to lynda.com. [Video tutorials dated 2007, by Deke McClelland, for lynda.com.]
- Photoshop CS3 One-on-One: The Essentials
Plenty of free Quicktime videos here on Photoshop CS3 in the first two sections, 'What Photoshop Can Do' and 'Setting Up Shop.' Dozens more available for premium subscribers to lynda.com [Video tutorials dated 2007, by Deke McClelland, for lynda.com.]
- Russell Brown Adobe Photoshop Tips & Techniques
Photoshop CS3 video tutorials, Photoshop CS3 Extended video tutorials - all free, well done, easy to follow, entertaining, interesting, and helpful. You can even view them in iTunes, your iPod, etc. Quicktime movies. [Video tutorials dated 05/2007, by Russell Brown, for The Russell Brown Show.]
Reviews of Older Versions of Adobe Photoshop
- Photoshop 6 Review: What it Means for Web Work
Wendy Peck's (WebReference.com) terrific detailed review, insight, screenshots and samples about the new Photoshop 6. Check out her article to learn about this new version's amazing features. Editor note March 2006: Although this review is for an older version of Photoshop (when it was new), it nonetheless provides helpful insight about Photoshop for Web work. As usual with Photoshop, each new version brings improvement and typically even more helpful tools. [Review by Wendy Peck, Graphics Expert for WebReference.com]