Free & Commercial Link Analysis & Link Popularity Tools
This SEO, SEM Tools section includes annotated links to free, commercial, subscription-based, and downloadable search engine optimization and marketing tools for link analysis and link popularity tracking and analysis.
Do you have favorite SEO, SEM tools? Do you know of helpful tools to help with optimizing Web sites for search engines, tools for analyzing, tracking keywords and key phrases, for managing links, or other helpful SEO, SEM-related tools? Recommendations and suggestions for SEO, SEM-related tools are welcome and appreciated!
On this page:
- Free and Commercial Link Analysis, Link Popularity Tools
Also within SEO, SEM Tools:
- Reference Charts, Meta Editors and Automated Tools, Search Engine Spider Simulators, Search Engine Submission Programs and Tools
- Free and Commercial Keyword Research, Analysis, Tracking Tools
Also within Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing:
- Articles, Tutorials on SEO, SEM, Search Engines and Directories, Optimizing Content, Conversions, ROI (6 pages)
- SEO and SEM Newsletters, Web Sites, Other Resources, and Books (1 page)
Free and Commercial Link Analysis and Link Popularity Tools
Free Link Popularity Tools
- Back Link Analyzer Link Popularity Software
Windows only application. The site's description states, “Backlink Analyzer is similar to Link Harvester, with the exception that it is downloadable software, and also does anchor text analysis. You can grab backlink data from Google, Yahoo!, or MSN. It analyzes / grabs anchor text, IP addresses, Alexa data, page title, number of links on page, and number of outbound links on a page. It basically is a big spreadsheet which makes it quick and easy to view linkage data for a paticular site.” It's free and open source. [SEO Tools[*note] by Aaron Wall, SEO Book[*note].]
- Link Harvester
Free web based link analysis software “that makes filtering through backlink data easy using the Yahoo! API and MSN API. It gives a brief snapshot of linkage data (.edu backlinks, unique C blocks, total unique domains, etc.” Use the online version or download the source code. Free tool, open source. [SEO Tools[*note] by Aaron Wall, SEO Book[*note].]
- Bad Neighborhood Text Link Checker Tool
Input a URL and the tool will look for outbound links to check for potential 'bad neighborhood' sites. “This tool will scan the links on your website, and on the pages that your website is linking to, and flag possible problem areas. This can greatly ease your seo efforts.” See also their Bad Neighborhood blog post, A Quick Clarification on the Bad Neighborhood Detector [SEO tool by Michael VanDeMar, Bad Neighborhood.]
- Link Popularity Check - Marketleap Visibility Index
Very helpful, insightful free tool that charts out your link popularity and compares your results with similar sites if you wish.
See who links to your Web site. This free service provides an easy one-click method of checking link popularity for three major search engines. They also provide a free monthly customized Link Popularity Report via e-mail.
Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing Books
Recommended by WebsiteTips.com
See more SEO, SEM Books.
Read short reviews and find more book recommendations on Web site-related topics in our Recommended Books, Software section!
Commercial Link Analysis, Link Popularity Tools
- OptiLink Link Analysis Software
Note that this link goes to the actual creator's site - you'll find many affiliate sites out there. OptiLink analyzes top ranked Web pages from AllTheWeb, AltaVista, AOL, Google, Google2, Google3, and GoogleCache, HotBot, Inktomi, Lycos, MSN, and Yahoo! Also has a search engine expansion pack that includes AOL, Inktomi, Lycos, MSN, and Alexa Traffic Rank, and an advanced Google analysis for Google2, Google3, GoogleCache, and Google PageRank. Optilink analyyzes Web pages for incoming link popularity, link text (keyword ratio), keyword density ratio on the Web page and in the title tag, and Google PageRank rating (for Google). Good reputation. Available for Windows, Mac, Linux. See also: Optilink via SEO Book for reviews, information about Google sometimes temporarily blocking Optilink and other SEO software (April 2005), and more. [Software by Leslie Rohde, Windrose Software.]
See also within WebsiteTips.com's Web Site Resources section:
Disclosure Regarding Affiliate Programs
[*note] Links thus marked are to sites for which WebsiteTips.com has signed up for an affiliate program - such as Trellian's Keyword Discovery, Wordtracker, and Aaron Wall's SEO Book.
Since WebsiteTips.com already had links to their sites anyway and because they have strong reputations for being good, worthwhile products, WebsiteTips.com's owner, editor went ahead and signed up for their affiliate programs late summer of 2007.
- WebsiteTips.com had links to these sites prior to signing up for these affiliate programs.
- WebsiteTips.com and its owner don't get paid anything for:
- including any of the affiliate program links at WebsiteTips.com.
- listing these sites at WebsiteTips.com.
- anyone clicking on the affiliate program links.
- WebsiteTips.com and its owner do get an affiliate payment if and only if someone signs up for the affiliate product within a short time period after visiting those sites from the links on this page.
- WebsiteTips.com continues to add ONLY quality resources, regardless of the above affiliate programs that comprise only a handful of links out of our 2,500+ resources.
- Like any other helpful resources, Websitetips.com continues to add new annotated resources discovered that we feel would be helpful to visitors, whether or not they are related to our very short list of affiliate programs.
- Affiliate text links anywhere at WebsiteTips.com that aren't otherwise clearly noted as an ad or a sponsor are duly noted with the above [*note] link.
- In addition, effective 04 November, 2007 all affiliate links now permanently include
rel="nofollow"tags, a recently added requirement to Google's Webmaster Guidelines for “paid links.”
For more information on “paid links” and the use of
rel="nofollow", see Potential Penalties or Banning by Search Engines and Directories here at WebsiteTips.com.